Tree Removal in Tonbridge | Felling and Stump Grinding Operations
Booking in for a tree removal with Marchant Tree Care isn’t all about felling, although it does have an obvious role to play. This type of tree work, should you require it, will also include removal of the remnants using specialist stump grinding machinery. Our tree surgeons have experience in both, and they carry the appropriate accreditations and licenses to prove it. We cover all aspects of tree surgery and hedge cutting. Located in Sevenoaks, we offer services in Tonbridge.
There are two tree surgery practices associated with tree removal: directional felling and sectional dismantling. With a directional fell, our tree surgeons make cuts into the trunk to create a hinge. This guides the tree towards a clear area of land in a safe manner. Sectional dismantling is a form of tree work where we cut and remove limbs from the top downwards, lowering them to the ground with a rope and pulley system.
In effect, we dismantle trees on your Tonbridge property piece by piece.
Our hedge cutting services include hedge removals. Naturally, this type of work is very different to the removal of a tree, but it still requires specialist tools and equipment. The tree surgeons at our company have experience in removing all native hedges, and in cutting and trimming them. Should you need to plant or replant hedges, we can help with that too.
Hedge cutting, and hedge removals, are both a big part of our business and two key services which run side-by-side with our more traditional types of tree work.
Stump Grinding | After a Tree Removal
All forms of tree surgery that focus on removals leave a stump. Remnants can block the way to further land development at your Tonbridge site. Stumps also present a tripping hazard, especially to children, and they harbour pests and bacteria. This has a negative impact on other tree and plant species. Stump grinding takes tree remnants down to sub-floor level.
Our tree surgeons use chainsaws, stump grinding and hedge cutting machinery run on biodegradable oils to protect the environment for tomorrow’s future generations.
1. Before deciding on the correct tree removal process, Marchant Tree Care inspects land around your Tonbridge property, estimates the fall range and makes provisions for safe felling or dismantling.
2. When using directional felling as a form of tree surgery, we take the natural lean of the tree into account and determine where it will fall. Our tree surgeons look for signs of decay that could affect this fall.
3. Safe tree work is our key strength so, when we decide upon a directional fell, we always plan an escape route for our personnel and take nearby buildings and landscaping themes into account to minimise damage.
4. Our tree surgeons fell or dismantle specimens to complete the tree removal phase of the project. Marchant Tree Care chips felled trees and hedge cutting waste, which makes them easier to remove from site.
5. Stump grinding begins on land in Tonbridge once we have a clear working area for our machinery. This is a mechanical process that minimises land impact, and one that is faster than digging out the roots.
At Marchant Tree Care, our tree surgeons combine tree removal and stump grinding practices to pave the way for building, development and landscaping projects. All tree and hedge cutting work undertaken by our company meets current LANTRA and NPTC guidelines. When you use us to fulfil your tree surgery requirements, you do so in the knowledge that we have an impeccable safety record and an ethical approach that’s built around environmental sustainability.